Not sure where your emergency shut off valve is? Do you know what cleaners are safe to clean your drains? How many plungers do you need in your home? Got a backup sump pump? If any of these questions don’t have easy answers, don’t sweat it. These 10 tips from our plumbing service team should help you be 10 steps closer to managing your plumbing system with peace of mind.
Radiant: The Clear Choice for Plumbing Service
Understanding your home’s plumbing system doesn’t have to be a foreign language. Radiant has a team of plumbing service professionals ready and waiting to help you decode and debunk any plumbing problems you may experience.
When Radiant shows up at your door, you can expect prompt and professional service.
- » 24/7 Service
- » Licensed, talented technicians
- » Over 15 years of experience
- » Locally Owned and Operated
- » Up Front Pricing & No Hidden Fees
10 Tips from Radiant’s Plumbing Service Professionals
- Emergency Shut Off Valve – Knowing where your emergency shut off valve is can mean the difference in minor and major flooding with a burst pipe. You can avoid costly cleanup, water damage, and mold by knowing where to head at the first sign of trouble.
- Flush Valve – This is a small part in your toilet with a lot of power. If you hear your toilet running long after you flush, you may need to replace them. This is a skill you may not need a professional for and can do yourself. If your flush valves are broken or worn out, replacing them could save you a lot of money on your water bills.
- Garbage Disposal – Do you know the do’s and don’ts of your garbage disposal? You can avoid costly repairs or pesky blockages by knowing what to throw away and what is safe to grind up. Egg shells, coffee grounds, bones, and corn husks are just a few of the items not to try and churn down your pipes, but you can find a complete list with a little research.
- Insulate Your Pipes – in order to save yourself the huge hassle of a broken pipe in the winter, you should insulate your pipes if your climate tends to freeze fairly often. This could be a simple solution like faucet covers, but exposed pipes may need thermoelectric tape to ensure they stay warm enough to function with out malfunction. A plumbing service professional can even help you locate pipes you may not know need to be wrapped up!
- Plunger Count – Every toilet in your home needs its own plunger. If a backup in your toilet is followed by running water, time is of the essence and a plunger needs to be readily accessible. Store them behind your toilet and one under your sink to help take care of minor backups in a timely matter and save clean-up in the case of a mess.
- Drain Cleaner Safety – Over-the-counter cleaners can destroy your pipes if you’re not aware of what your plumbing was built with. Drano may seem like a good answer but could lead to a major problem if you’ve got plastic plumbing that will be destroyed. Until you know, stay cautious with your cleaners. Recurring blockages may need to be addressed by a licensed plumber.
- Sump Pump Backup – Did you know your septic tank needs a backup in case of power outages? Because it will stop working – and collecting water from your basement – you may be in for some bad news if you don’t have an emergency/overflow sump pump. These are battery-powered so they continue doing the job until the power is restored. Don’t get caught without one, as it could mean expensive and nasty clean up.
- Water Heater 4-1-1 – Your water heater may need an upgrade, but knowing exactly which one is best for you is key. Your options include a storage tank, a tankless, or a heat pump. Each has their own set of pro’s and con’s, but the size of your home or office may be better suited to one or the other. At Radiant, your water heater choice will be assisted by a knowledgeable plumbing service professional.
- Ventilation – Having ventilation where it counts is important to avoid mold and keep your air quality clean. Your bathroom should have vents to help keep moisture from turning into a problem. Be sure proper ventilation is taken into account when doing renovations.
- Yard faucets & Irrigation – Your monthly water bill could be skyrocketing from unseen plumbing problems in your yard and sprinkler system. Check exterior fixtures, irrigation, and pipes to make sure they’re not the cause of a steady drip – which will steadily drain your wallet, too!
Call Radiant Plumbing today to let us help you with any of your plumbing service needs!
Plumbing maintenance is one of the most important things you can do your home. However, if you’re a first time homeowner, you may not be familiar enough with the ins and outs of your plumbing system to even attempt it. In fact, when you imagine what the typical plumbing system looks like, you may only be thinking about a few essential fixtures like sinks and toilets. You may not even consider the smaller yet just as essential features like water main valves and water pressure regulators. Failure to acknowledge and check these parts may wind up being your costliest mistake. If there is a lingering plumbing problem that goes unfixed, it will grow into something far worse that will make living in your home downright headache-inducing. Without knowledge on some of your plumbing’s smaller features, you not have any idea to stop the problem, leaving you more likely to experience problems like higher spending on plumbing repair and lower fixture efficiency. This can lead to higher amounts of stress and keep you from living comfortably in your home. When this is your first time owning a home, multiple plumbing problems building up all at once can be incredibly overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be this way. If you study up on the ins and outs of your plumbing system, you’ll be able to avoid all the stress and experience the highly efficient plumbing you deserve.
Calling Radiant for Plumbing Maintenance
You can take comfort in knowing that Radiant will be available at any point to help make your plumbing system work better than ever. Regardless if you’re a first time homeowner or you have lived in the same house for years, our team of local plumbers is ready to meet any and all plumbing needs to guarantee your 100% satisfaction. We offer any plumbing service, ranging from work on water heaters to devising effective drain cleaning solutions. Even if you think your plumbing needs are too obscure, you can count us to find the perfect solution that meets them. Our work will provide you with several benefits that extend beyond just a working toilet or sink. You will experience greater efficiency that will see you save more money on plumbing bills and your fixtures work efficiently. Better yet, you will walk away with a greater understanding of your plumbing system so you’ll know what to do when a problem arises. Even if you’re not a licensed plumber with all the formal training and qualifications, we’ll help you become plumbing savvy. Above all else, you will be able to stay at a better peace of mind, especially when oyu know your family has a plumbing system they can rely on.
7 Important Parts You Should Know
The next time you’re planning to maintain your plumbing system, please keep these 7 basic yet essential parts in mind when considering plumbing maintenance. They are all crucial to keeping your plumbing system running:
- Water Main Valve: Knowing where your water main valve is located will prove helpful in an emergency situation. Since the valve will control the flow of water in your home, it will be a great help in the event of a burst pipe. Once you know its location, you can turn it off quickly to ensure water doesn’t flood the surrounding area and lead to serious water damage.
- Water Pressure Regulator: This part is essential in keeping water pressure at a safe level. This is especially beneficial if you’re using the shower or washing dishes. While you certainly don’t want water pressure too low, high pressure can bring serious damage to your home, especially if it puts strain on your pipes.
- Cut-Off Valves: These parts will cut off water flow to fixtures like toilets and sinks. For example, if you are experiencing leaks or other problems with these fixtures, the valves will allow you to cut off water flow to them until the issue is fixed.
- Hot Water Valve: Hot water is essential to life in your home, but there may come a point where it gets too hot and verges on scalding. The hot water valve will ensure you stay away from this temperature. Don’t worry; you’ll still have hot water for that morning shower, but the temperature will be kept at a safe level.
- Water Meters: A water meter will let you know the overall health of your plumbing system. Modern water meters will take it one step further by letting you know your water usage and if there are any leaks in your home causing you to lose water.
- Gas Valve: This part is highly important to your overall level of safety. For any gas water heaters, this valve will play a huge role in controlling gas pressure and ensure levels aren’t too strong. It will also help you avoid the risk of a gas leak.
- Sewer and Water Lines: Don’t just consider the plumbing fixtures inside your home! Sewer and water lines connect outside and, often underground. They act as means for water to travel to and from the house. If they malfunction, you may notice fixtures inside the home backing up all at once or puddles of dirty water appearing on your front lawn (which will require sewer repair).
Don’t Get Caught Off Guard With Costly Repair Bills! Call Radiant Plumbing and Ask About Our Plumbing Maintenance Services!
Contact Radiant today if you want to enjoy greater convenience around your home by having one of our professionals conduct highly effect plumbing maintenance!
A local plumber may not be the first person you imagine calling at this time of year, but it may be the thing that winds up saving your holiday season. After all, when your mind is focused on gift-giving, great food, and fun with your family, you may not even be thinking about your plumbing needs. That may prove to be your biggest downfall this season. Just because the holiday festivities have begun does not mean the plumbing problems have ended. Even if you plan on having guests over the house this season, your plumbing system may still be susceptible to problems like drain clogs, toilet overflows, pipe leaks, frozen pipes, and so much more. Allowing just one clog or leak to persist may wind up ruining your festive mood. When plumbing problems continue without any repair or maintenance work, you may risk spending more money on utility bills, which can be inconvenient when you are already gearing your savings toward holiday shopping. Not to mention, if the problem is a pipe leak, you may find that you’re losing gallons of water that could have otherwise been used for other purposes. Worst of all, when you consider just how often you use toilets and sinks per day, any inconvenience with these fixtures can greatly interrupt your day-to-day. Nobody should spend the holiday season this way, so it’s better to call up that local plumber for advice to maintain your seasonal cheer.
Why You Need to Call Radiant Plumbing
Radiant Plumbing should be your first choice for plumbing service this season. The next time you experience a sudden clog or leak, you will be able to count on us to provide high-quality work that will see your plumbing problems fixed in no time. Our plumbers can provide a wide range of services including drain cleaning, leak detection, and even fixture replacement. We can provide durable, long-lasting repairs that will extend the lifespan of your plumbing system so you’re not seeking replacement any time soon. Even better, you will save so much more money on utility bills due to improved, more efficient performance on your fixtures. This will prove a major benefit when you’re already trying to buy someone that special gift they’ve always wanted, or if you have a lengthy shopping list to handle. Plus, with your plumbing issues settled before any holiday festivities, you will be able to spend quality time with your family. After all, isn’t that what the holidays are all about?
How Can You Prepare for the Holidays?
You can also play a role in ensuring your plumbing system is ready for any holiday festivities. Our team of plumbers recommends that you take note of the following 6 tips:
- Discard Cooking Oil or Grease Properly: Some homeowners will make the mistake of dumping any excess grease or oil from cooking down the drain. During the holidays, when there will undoubtedly be plenty of cooking, this may become more common. The main problem is that grease or oil will harden in your drains and make passage through them impossible. You should instead discard them in the regular garbage to avoid such a problem.
- Use Hot Water to Clear Drains: Buildup in your drains is practically inevitable, but it can be quite easy to remove. Pouring extremely hot water down the drains on regular basis will keep blockages from forming. If the blockage already exists, the water will act as a lubricant and loosen up any materials, making them easier to remove.
- Avoid Drain Cleaning Products: Though commercials on television may make drain cleaning products look like a miracle substance, it will damage your plumbing system in the long-term. The chemical components in these products will actually eat away at walls of your drainage pipes, which will actually make you spend more on plumbing repair. You should instead rely on more organic means.
- Be Prepared: When you have guests over the house, the last thing you want happening is a toilet clog, so you need to be prepared. Always keep a plunger handy in the event of any sudden minor clogs. This tool will be able to eliminate the clog quickly before it turns into something much worse. You should also keep a trash can handy so nobody will have to throw any material down the toilet that doesn’t belong there.
- Prepare a Repair and Maintenance Schedule: It’s important to develop a maintenance schedule that will see your plumbing system be given a proper inspection on a regular basis. You can count on Radiant Plumbing to give your home’s plumbing system an inspection right before the holiday season. If your plumbing system is experiencing frequent drain clogs, you can also call us for repairs to prevent the problem from becoming worse.
No Need to Worry This Holiday Season! Contact Your Local Plumber to Schedule a Plumbing System Tune-Up Today!
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you want to ensure a stress-free holiday season with exceptional service from our local plumber!
Toilet repair is highly important, especially with the growing number of toilets in the average American household. Due to an increased rate of homes with more than one toilet, the United States Census Bureau reports that the numbers of new homes with three or more bathrooms outnumbers new homes built with one bathrooms by a ratio of nearly ten to one. Imagine finding yourself in a situation where you experience clogs in multiple toilets all at once. It just may happen, and you need to take preventative measures to ensure the situation doesn’t grow out of control. If you are beginning to sense your toilet is on the verge of disaster, don’t waste time in taking action. Even just allowing one clog to linger will give way to water damage on the surrounding floor and cause you to lose water all while the cost of water bills skyrocket. There is also the additional risk of mold and mildew growth, which will detract from your indoor air quality and make air harmful to your health just to breathe in. Also, even if it goes without saying, toilet clogs or overflows can be downright unsanitary. Think about it: would you want to deal with your toilet when it’s overflowing with water and who knows what else? Of course not, so it’s important you make a call to a local plumber immediately.
Why Should You Call Radiant for Service?
When you want your plumbing problems fixed once and for all, you should call Radiant Plumbing as soon as possible. Our plumbers should always be the first people you turn to for plumbing services, especially if your toilet is currently proving your worst nightmare. We can provide a wide range of services that will ensure any clogs are removed in no time. We can even be there to provide service in the event of a plumbing emergency. Even better, we can show what’s causing your toilet to experience problems in the first place and how you can avoid them in the future. Just by learning a few tips, you will notice lower spending on utility bills. You will also extend the lifespan of your plumbing fixtures by years, so you can enjoy greater efficiency for a longer period of time. Your toilet is the most essential plumbing fixture in your home and when it’s working at its best thanks to service from Radiant, you will be able to relax so much more.
5 Easy Toilet Repair Tips
While nothing can compare to service from a professional, you may discover that avoiding the hassle of sudden, last-minute toilet problems:
- Keep a Trash Can in the Bathroom: You should always provide an alternative method of disposal in the bathroom to keep occupants from discarding certain materials down the toilet, which is a more common cause of clogs than you realize. The easiest way to do this is keeping a small trash can in the bathroom. The trash can will be an economical, effective way of preventing future clogged toilet issues, especially when it keeps items from going down the toilet that should not be there in the first place.
- Flush Twice, But Be Careful: You should flush your toilet a second time if the waste is not removed from the bowl after the first flush. However, if these multiple flushes are becoming incredibly common, there just may be a major problem requiring a professional to diagnose the problem. Multiple flushes are also a waste of water and if toilet problems are not treated soon enough, you may be paying more on water bills.
- Keep Surfaces Clear: Many clogged toilets when nearby counters or over-the-toilet shelving is filled with small objects, such as jars, bottles, sponges and cosmetics. Any of these objects can be knocked into the toilet and flushed accidentally, easily resulting in a massive clog. You should instead keep this area clear at all times to prevent this situation.
- Learn to Plunge Properly: The average homeowner may know to get out the plunger when a clog first strikes their toilet, but there’s bound to be a few of them who don’t know how to plunge properly. If this applies to you, here are steps you need to follow: make sure there is enough water in the bowl for suction, insert the plunger and cup it over the drainage hole, then plunge vigorously several times until the water in the toilet goes down. The lowering water levels are a sign that you have successfully removed the clog.
- Educate Your Family: Both the children and adults in your home should be taught what shouldn’t be thrown down a toilet. While it’s easy to guess your child tried flushing their favorite toy when your toilet clogs, adults can sometimes be just as clueless as to what shouldn’t be going down the drain. You should teach them to not throw paper products, household waste products, and everyday materials like articles of clothing down the drain. Once your family has a better sense of what not to do, you can expect to save so much more on plumbing repairs.
Don’t Overflow With Worry – Schedule Your Toilet Repair Today
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you want to avoid higher spending on plumbing service thanks to our quick, effective toilet repair!
If you want to enjoy high-quality plumbing in your home whilst saving money on water bills, you need to call your local plumbing contractor for advice. Make no mistake, utility bills are a normal part of being a homeowner, but water isn’t cheap, and in some locations, it’s quite expensive. All it takes is one misstep with plumbing maintenance to leave you spending way more money on water bills than you ever could have imagined. And truth be told, high costs on water bills are often due to a homeowner’s lack of knowledge on how to improve the efficiency of their plumbing system. The average homeowner already uses 100 gallons of water on a daily basis, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Though that may seem excessive, it’s practically unavoidable for many homeowners out there. Running water is already a necessity. If you live with a growing family it’s even more crucial, especially if you need to meet multiple plumbing needs due to showering, dishes, and laundry. Even your most essential plumbing fixtures like toilets and sinks are costing you more gallons of water than you realize. With all of this in mind, you may think high costs on water bills will be inevitable this season, but making that phone call may change your plumbing’s efficiency for the better.
Why You Need to Call Radiant Plumbing
At Radiant Plumbing, we can ensure you do not have to spend a single dollar more on bills thanks to high-quality plumbing services. We provide a wide range of services aimed at cutting long-term plumbing costs in half including pipe repair, water jetting, sewer replacement, and so much more. Our licensed, fully-trained plumbing contractors can also educate you about your plumbing system. Once we provide you a greater understanding on the ins and outs of your most essential fixtures, you will be more likely to avoid common mistakes homeowners make on a regular basis and know how to improve efficiency in your home. After you make the call our way, you can get greater savings on plumbing repairs, extended lifespan of toilets and sinks, and most importantly, convenience for the whole family.
8 Tips to Save Money on Water Bills
The next time you’re looking to cut down costs on water bills, please follow these 8 tips to achieve better water-efficiency:
- Invest in Low-Maintenance Landscape: You may be surprised to know that up to 55% of your water is used outdoors. There are ways to lower that percentage, particularly with your sprinkler system. A sprinkler system often proves one of biggest water wasters in your home, as it will cause water to simply evaporate or blow away. You should instead invest in low-maintenance landscaping, which will drastically reduce water consumption for the sprinkler.
- Upgrade Dishwashers: Tired of washing dishes by hand? You’re not alone. Washing dishes by hand can waste more gallons of water than you may think. Instead, you should upgrade your dishwasher to a newer, more-efficient model, which can save you 80% more water compared to washing by hand.
- Upgrade Water Meters New water meters today can detect leaks in your home and give you detailed information on your water usage, which allows you the chance to scale back if necessary. Ask your plumbing contractor if they can make this upgrade possible for your home.
- Upgrade Washing Machines: You can also save money by upgrading washing machines, which may save you 50% more water compared to older models. You should also stop washing clothes that aren’t dirty; many clothes are able to be worn more than once before being washed.
- Reduce Shower Time: Your shower head may be the biggest water waster in your home, especially if you are the type of person who loves taking long, relaxing showers. You can still enjoy your shower, but try reducing shower time down to 5 minutes to conserve as much water as possible.
- Invest in New Toilets and Faucets: Other bathroom fixtures like toilets and faucets are used several times a day. If they are older, they may wind up costing you more on bills and use more water than necessary. Upgrading to low-flow toilets and efficient faucets may have an upfront installation cost, but will save you so much more on bills in the long-term.
- Reuse Storm Water: One of the more creative ways to save water is by using a rooftop drum that can collect and distribute water from storms for landscaping irrigation. Consider the next rain storm you experience a way to establish better water-efficiency.
- Call Radiant Plumbing for Maintenance: Having a plumber from Radiant visit your home once a year to conduct maintenance may be the best way to save money. We can ensure even the smallest plumbing problems are stopped before they worsen, and test your fixtures to ensure they remain durable for years to come.
Don’t Drown In Your Water Bill – Talk To A Plumbing Contractor Today And Learn How To Save Money
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you want to ensure your home remains water-efficient thanks to help from our plumbing contractor!
Pipe repair services can save you from the threat of high costs on utility bills, frequently malfunctioning plumbing fixtures, and a lot of stress this season. After all, even allowing just one leak to linger in your pipes may prove much worse for your plumbing system than you realize. Leaky pipes can cost you 14% of the 100 to 250 gallons of water the average homeowner uses, according to the American Water Works Association. That rate will only increase if you have pipes in your home older than 30 to 40 years. This will leave you stuck in a scenario where you are paying more on water bills than necessary, and that’s certainly something no homeowner wants to experience. In addition to money loss on water bills, allowing pipe problems to persist in your home will also see your costs on water damage restoration increase. Restoration services are already expensive and when pipe leaks cause your walls and floors to experience water damage, the cost will grow even higher. All of these problems can build up and greatly take away from your property value, but it is possible to stop them by identifying pipe problem signs early enough so you will be able to call for professional assistance in eliminating pipe problems once and for all.
Why Should You Call Radiant Plumbing?
Radiant Plumbing is here to provide you with services to ensure you stay away from all the nightmares associated with faulty pipes. We are available at any point this season to provide emergency plumbing repair. One of our licensed, fully-trained plumbers are available and will come to your home, inspect all areas of your plumbing system, and quickly diagnose the problem. From there, we can make highly-effective repairs that will ensure you have modern, durable piping ready to provide longer-lasting performance. In addition, you will be able to save money on any additional pipe repair you may have needed from any lesser-quality service. With reduced spending on bills and better working plumbing fixtures, you will be able to relax this fall.
7 Warning Signs You Should Notice
If you are beginning to think your pipes are on the verge of experiencing trouble, please take a look around your home for these 7 warning signs:
- Your Pipes are Outdated: One of the more common reasons homeowners will call for pipe service is because their current pipes are made from outdated materials. These materials include clay, cast-iron, and polybutylene. Polybutylene in particular has been famously proven defective due to a wave of lawsuits in the 1980s. If this applies to your current pipes, call for repair immediately.
- Low Water Pressure: If you are experiencing low water pressure in your pipes, you might notice that the water pressure in your shower isn’t as high as it should be when you’re trying to wash up. You may also notice not enough water pressure coming from your sink when you try to wash dishes. Before this completely detracts from how you function in your home, call Radiant to make any repairs.
- Corroded Pipes: Though pipes are mainly located in between walls and floors, you can still see them outside the house or maybe even in your basement. This helps when you inspect your plumbing system for signs of corrosion. If these pipes appear rusty, it may indicate that the pipes inside your home are rusting as well.
- Strange Noises: You may hear the sound of water struggling to pass through your pipes, which indicates a blockage within the pipe that will need to be removed. Any loud or unusual sounds from your pipes is means for concern. Older pipes will be more susceptible to making noises, as it indicates a serious internal flaw.
- Damp Walls & Floors: Random, unexplained damp spots on your walls and floors are a definite sign of a problem. Before this makes you spend up to thousands of dollars on water damage restoration, please call Radiant for leak repair.
- Rusty Spots: One sign that you have older, rusty pipes in your home is random rusty spots popping up around the home. If these spots are growing in number, you should call Radiant for help or else you may have to pay for some considerable damage down the road.
- Contaminated Water: Installing water treatment systems is the best method of prevention against water contamination. However, please pay attention if the water coming out of your fixtures is murky. Broken pipes can often allow contaminants to easily seep into the water supply, putting your family’s health at risk if the water is consumed.
If You Notice Leaky Pipes, Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late And You’re Caught In An Emergency Situation, Schedule A Pipe Repair Service Today
Contact Radiant today if you want to improve your plumbing system this fall with our excellent pipe repair!
Drain cleaning should be your top priority this fall if you suspect your plumbing system is on the verge of a massive clog. While many homeowners often take the drains in their home for granted, this can prove to be a costly mistake, as they may lose access to essential plumbing fixtures and pay more on utility bills. Even if you think that small drain clog isn’t too much of a problem, think again. One of the traps homeowners will put themselves in is overlooking the severity of a clog, leaving them much worse for wear when it prevents their entire plumbing system from working at its best. Allowing even just one drain clog can lead to issues like higher costs on utility bills, decreased levels of sanitation, and bad sewer odors that will permeate through your entire home. Worse, when you consider how much you rely on toilets and sinks every day, it can be a real detriment in terms of how you function in your home when they are not so readily available due to frequent clogging. Instead of experiencing all of these setbacks, opt to take a proactive stance on clogs and get them fixed when you first notice trouble.
How Can Radiant Help You?
Fortunately, Radiant is here to provide you with excellent drain cleaning services to prevent clogs from wreaking havoc on your plumbing system. We offer a wide range of services including camera inspection and water jetting to ensure clogs are removed as soon as possible. For situations where a clog appears out of nowhere, you should call us and we will able to assist you during your time of need. But our services do not just aim to fix clogs. It also aims to reduce your spending on plumbing bills, extend the lifespan of fixtures by years, and ensure you can relax more in your home without worrying over when the next drain clog will occur. Homeowners in the Austin area should make us their number-one choice for drain cleaning if they are looking for a better peace of mind this fall.
Top 7 Drain Cleaning Tips
While Radiant can provide top-notch service on your drains, you can also do your share in preventing clogs by following a few simple steps. The next time you feel your drains are about to clog, please take note of these 7 drain cleaning tips:
- Store Grease in a Container: One common mistake homeowners make is throwing cooking grease down the drain. This can result in some negative consequences. The grease will actually stick to the walls of your drains and harden, allowing for a massive clog to form. Instead of facing this possibility, you should instead store grease in a container before throwing it away in the garbage.
- Do Not Rely on Chemical Drain Cleaners: Chemical cleaning solutions are often the go-to for homeowners who are looking to fix drain clogs as soon as possible. However, a reliance on these solutions can actually damage the plumbing system over time and leave you calling us for pipe repair. Only use chemical drain cleaners sparingly and instead rely on more organic solutions.
- Consider Strainers: Are you tired of sinks in your kitchen and bathroom getting easily clogged by pieces of food, hair, and soap? In that case, you should definitely consider installing strainers which keep any of these materials out and allow your sink drains to work without interruption. Though they will need to be cleaned out periodically, they are one of the simplest clog-stoppers you can find.
- Use a Plunger: If your home is not yet equipped with a plunger, you need to run out and get one now. It is one of the most important tools to have in your home in the event of a last minute clog, especially for any minor clogs in your sink or toilet.
- Use a Drain Snake: A plunger can do a lot of good but for areas a plunger cannot reach, you should use a drain snake. It can scoop out any materials in areas plungers often can’t reach, and has a snake-like form allowing it to fit in even the tiniest of spaces. However, use it carefully or else it may force you to spend additional money on pipe repair.
- Boiling Hot Water: Hot water boiled from a pot or tea kettle will loosen up any substances sticking within your drains and make it easier to rid them. This is especially helpful for any grease or oil buildup within your drains, which can harden and become extremely difficult to remove.
- Call for Annual Drain Cleaning: You should always make it a point each year to call Radiant for an annual drain cleaning. We can have one of our plumbers inspect your drains carefully so they can eliminate any lingering drain problems before they worsen. Thanks to our effective plumbing maintenance, you can guarantee a clog-free plumbing system for the next 12 months.
Don’t Get Caught In A Plumbing Emergency – Schedule A Drain Cleaning Service Today
Contact Radiant today if you want to learn more tips and have one of our plumbers provide you with excellent drain cleaning!
Water heater installation will help ensure that not a day goes by this fall without hot water in your home. But you need to be careful; if you don’t know what to consider before making a purchase, you may wind up throwing your money toward the wrong water heater. That mistake can lead to lower energy efficiency and frequent system breakdowns. Worst of all, the wrong water heater can put the well-being of your family at risk, especially when you consider that installing the wrong unit can heighten the risk of water contamination. According to the Red Cross, 200 deaths are reported each year due to carbon monoxide exposure from fuel-burning appliances, especially from improperly installed water heating systems. Landing with the wrong water heater can provide you with plenty of setbacks, and they are all best avoided. But how?
Calling Radiant for Water Heater Installation
If you are unsure on how to get the right water heater for your home, the team at Radiant Plumbing is more than willing to help. Our water heater installation service is aimed at satisfying a wide range of needs, no matter if you are looking to replace your old water or in need of a brand new water heater entirely. We offer both conventional and tankless models offering their own unique set of benefits so you are guaranteed a longer-lasting, steadier flow of heat. Even if you think you won’t be able to find the right water heater for you, the team at Radiant will manage to pull through and find the water heater perfect for your home. You should not take any chances with home comfort this fall, and part of that is calling up a reliable water heating company like Radiant for service before the season truly gets underway.
5 Important Questions About Water Heater Installation
Before you go ahead and install the nearest water heater you can find, think before you purchase. We have seen too many homeowners over the years get impatient with the installation process and wind up getting a water heater that makes their life much more difficult. If you want to avoid a similar situation, consider these 5 factors the next time you are looking for a new water heater and water heater contractor:
- What Type of Water Heater Do You Need? There are several different types of water heaters available on the market today. These types include conventional, tankless, solar, indirect, and tankless coil. Each type offers different benefits. For example, if you purchase a solar water heater, it will use less fuel to heat up water and provide you with greater energy efficiency that will reduce your carbon footprint. The water heating contractors at Radiant will be able to lead you down the right path in getting you the type of water heater best fit for your home.
- What is the Cost of the Water Heater? The cost of your water heater may vary depending on the type. For example, a tankless water heater has a higher installation cost, but will see lower annual operating costs compared to conventional models. Don’t make the mistake of purchasing a water heater simply because it is at a lower price. Cost-efficiency does not automatically translate into quality performance. You may buy a lower-priced water heater that will only result in you paying more on repair and maintenance bills due to frequent breakdowns.
- How Energy Efficient is the System? Your water heater may have an incredible ability in providing you with hot water, but it may not exactly be too kind on your energy bills. You need to pay attention to a water heater’s efficiency rate before you make a purchase. For example: while conventional water heating has an efficiency rate of up to 65%, a tankless water heater boasts a 96% efficiency rate. If your energy bills are getting too high, you should think about what type of water heater can provide high-quality hot water without any of the additional costs.
- What Type of Fuel Do You Need? Your choice in fueling can mean all the difference in how much you spend on energy bills. There are several fueling options available including, gas, solar, propane, and electricity. Considering what type of water heater fuel would be best for you will prove highly important when you are looking for water heater replacement. For example, if your electric water heater is costing you too much on bills, you may want to consider switching to a gas water heater instead.
- What Are Your Hot Water Needs? It’s all about what you want, right? You should consider your hot water needs arguably before anything else. The type of water heater you install should match with the number of occupants and plumbing fixtures in your home. If you live alone, your hot water needs will greatly differ from someone who lives with family and has a wider range of hot water needs to be met.
Don’t Let The Stress Of A Water Heater Replacement Make You Cold – Let Radiant Plumbing Take Care Of Your Plumbing Needs
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you want a steady flow of hot water in your home thanks to our high-quality service on water heater installation!
The summer may coming to an end, but there is still plenty of heat ahead in the Austin, TX area so don’t pack up that air conditioning system just yet. When hot temperatures continue well into October in Austin, you need to make sure your air conditioning system is ready to go to provide you with cool air. However, after long summer dealing with record heat, your cooling system may be a little worse for wear by this time point. It may have some issues that will only get worse if you don’t call an AC technician in Austin, TX for repair service.
The team here at Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning can’t recommend repair at this time of year enough. We have a licensed AC technician in Austin, TX on standby who can provide you with any repair. Seeing our customers with a steady flow of cool air for the year’s remaining hot weather is our top priority, and our team of technicians is willing to go the extra mile in keeping you satisfied. With years of experience on their side, there is no repair they can’t handle.
Why Should You Call Our AC Technician in Austin, TX?
If you’re wondering what types of repair are the most essential to your home comfort right now, we would have to say it’s probably any of these:
- AC Compressor Repair: Your AC compressor is arguably the most important part of your air conditioning system. The compressor will pressurize refrigerant to eliminate humidity in your home but since it’s working hard to keep your home cool, it runs the risk of experiencing problems that will prevent your air conditioning system from working effectively at all. If you notice your air conditioning system is losing its cooling capabilities, please call for service immediately.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Leakage from your air conditioning system can be messy—and hazardous. Refrigerant leaks in particular must be handled by a professional who will know what safety precautions to take to clean it up and fix it. If leaks are allowed to persist long enough, refrigerant levels within the system will get so low and prevent the air conditioning system from working at its best. Having our AC technician repair this now will keep you safe and your system effective.
- Annual AC Tune-Up: If you haven’t received an AC tune-up yet in 2016, now is the perfect time to do so, as you’ll ensure cool air for this year’s remaining hot weather and 2017’s hot weather as well. It is recommended to seek a tune-up from our AC technician at least once a year to stop any potential problems in their early stages. It will also improve system efficiency and help you save money on repair bills.
Contact Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning today if you want high-quality repair from our AC technician in Austin, TX and we’ll be more than happy to provide you with service.